FairyLoot has made it again with their September box, Starcrossed Swoons. Unboxing it was a delight, also because there was a plus item, a replacement for another one in a previous box. I’m also happy I didn’t buy a book I had in mind since it was precisely that one coming into this box. So, all in all, this box was brilliant.
One of the best things about this box is the artwork. You get the month’s spoiler card that comes with fantastic artwork. But you also get a letter from the author with artwork on it too. It usually depicts characters from the book you get that month. My bookish artwork collection is getting brilliant thanks to the FairyLoot.
SPOILERS: this is an unboxing post packed with pictures of the contents. If you haven’t got your box yet and want to take a look, be my guest. If not, please refrain from going beyond this picture.
Starcrossed Swoons had all these items:
- A Bella and Edward Candle by Nerd Poured Candles. It smells wonderful! I’m thinking about starting to use it this Halloween.
- A pair of Prythian Shoelaces by Fictiontea Designs. It has all the courts of Prythian, although I must admit it isn’t that obvious. They’re nice anyway.
- A Constellation Notebook designed by Read At Midnight. It’s from The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I haven’t read the book, but the quote is nice, so I guess I have another book to add to my read pile.
- A Dreamer Apron designed by Literary Life Co. It features a quote from Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. It’s so cool!
- An exclusive Love Rune Enamel Pin by Fictiontea Designs. This is a fantastic pin for my pin collection.
- An Angelic Fire Candle Matches Box. I’ve used them all already.
- A Swoon-worthy Postcard Set. It has amazing artwork with many bookish ships. Rhysand and Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses, Julian and Emma from The Dark Artifices, Cassian and Nesta from ACOTAR, Amar and Maya from The Star-Touched Queen, and Lazlo and Sarai from Strange the Dreamer. I’ll be happy if we can get more sets like this one in future boxes.
- The book! Mirage [The Book Depository] [Waterstones] by Somaiya Daud. It has a gorgeous cover, sprayed edges, as is signed by the author. Plus, Gabriella Bujdoso designed the artwork for the letter of the author. I couldn’t be happier.
Gabriella Bujdoso’s art is staggering. I love the colors she used depicting the characters from Mirage. I also like the fashion of the characters. Everything feels so dreamy, but also a little bit frightening. I can’t wait to start reading the book!
This box was packed with fantastic bookish items. And, as I already said above, all the artwork makes it worthwhile. I’m happy with the FairyLoot because it makes you feel like Christmas in Prythian.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. I only share things that I love.
Copyright: Images on this post (C) depepi.com / Artwork (C) their owners.