It’s been a while since my last FairyLoot unboxing. The August box was a blast! Mutinous Pirates had lots of artwork, and I loved every single bit of it. Including one item with a typo. Because of work and life in general, I couldn’t prepare an unboxing video. However, I certainly took a ton of pictures. But before I start spoiling everything, let’s get excited with the topic of the box: pirates!
I was a super fan of Pirates of the Caribbean. I had fun with the movies until they got weird. Then, I discovered a better pirate: Captain Hook. Smoldering, captivating, and mischievous, Once Upon A Time’s Hook got me to the bone. And then, I happened to read the Grisha Trilogy, and I got in the boots of Nikolai Lantsov!
Not all pirates are charming, indeed. My imagination goes to the puking side of life. However, many fictional pirates are princes who deserve to know where went all that rum.
This box contained an amazing book with sprayed pages, and it was signed by the author! This beauty came with an amazing array of items that got me squeeing for a long time.
- A Rum Bottle. “Why is all the rum gone?” Maybe because someone drank it all? Captain Jack would certainly love this rum bottle. (It’s actually a water bottle but pirates don’t drink water, only rum. So, it’s a rum bottle.)
- A Prince Elian Candle from To Kill a Kingdom. This beauty comes from the hands of Nerd Poured Candles, and it smells like heaven. Well, should I say it smells like the sea?
- A Pirate Wax Seal. It’s not so common to send ordinary mail anymore, but if I have to ask for a ransom or threaten my enemies, I can certainly use this wax seal. It has a rad skull and bones.
- A Sweet Peat Sugar Scrub Soap from Geeky Clean. Lovers of scrub torture are certainly happy. No enemy will stand in our way now. We’ll scrub everything away!
- An “Impossible” Hanging Flag. This is Nikolai’s banner. It has a typo that the fairies missed. However, the FairyLoot will send another one without the typo soon. How cool is that?
- A Pirate Magnet from Miss Phi. No one will loot my fridge ever again. With the magnet, I’ll curse anyone who dares to touch my food. Ha! I wished I had this one when I shared an apartment. I had a roommate who would eat our food… For real.
- Artwork cards by Taratjah. I can’t get enough!! I love getting artwork about literary characters. I follow many accounts on Instagram and Tumblr just to take a peak on their art. More of this please!
- And the book: These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch. It’s an exclusive version with sprayed pages and signed by the author. I love having exclusive editions.
- Extra: An exclusive King of Scars (Nikolai!) sampler, and poster.
I loved all the items in the box. And I was thrilled to have two items that are Nikolai’s. I can’t wait to read King of Scars. I already pre-ordered the book, and I’m currently counting the days. Sometimes you get so invested in a series of books that you can’t get enough.
I’m not so sure about reading about the Spanish Inquisition, but having pirates in the book makes it worth reading. Also, it has tons of magic. And, have I mentioned pirates?
Copyright: Images on this post (C) depepi.com / Memes & Gifs (C) by their owners