Invest in Yourself. It’s a Good Idea.
One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever had was: “invest in yourself.” It’s not only a good idea, but it’s also a way to be almost independent. Blogging can be a challenge, and it’s not just writing what you’ll need in your skills set. That’s why it’s paramount to have an idea about writing, WordPress, SEO, and even programming!
But wait, that’s a lot! Well, it is. But, only if you want to input everything in your head all at once. Since I started blogging, I’ve been investing in myself and my blog quite a lot. One of the main things I’ve done is to learn all about blogging. I’ve also allowed myself to play around. Not everything has to be work. Thus, while you invest in your new set of skills, allow time to play around with new knowledge.
Writing is what you’ll need the most while blogging. Writing engaging posts is paramount to make your audience stick around. You can write about aliens, Norse mythology, or dogs. What will make your writing shine is knowing all the ins and outs of it. Courses like Writing Tools & Hacks: Copywriting/Blogging/Content Writing [Udemy] can help you hack yourself into stardom. Most of the times, it’s not only a grammar issue what might stop you from blogging, but the lack of ideas. In this course, you learn how to generate them from your wisdom pool.
You can also try 3-Step Writing System: Blogging & Writing Secrets [Udemy]. You can always try any of the writing [Udemy] courses listed. Or if you like hanging around with people, look for one locally. It’s always fun!
Having some notions about WordPress [Udemy], HTML [Udemy], CSS [Udemy], and Social Media [Udemy] is also key to bring your blog to the next level. Plus, you can enrich yourself with knowledge that you can later use in your job, as a freelancer or for a company.
But although having new skills is cool, remember to take a break and relax. My way of relaxing is to learn new languages. Learning a new language [Udemy] is something relaxing for my brain. So, I invest time every two days to have fun learning how to curse in Swedish. (I won’t lie to you, the first thing I learn is all the naughty, bad words, and how to order a beer.)
So, why is it cool to invest in yourself?
- You get to acquire new sets of skills that can help you be faster with the things you love. In my case, writing, blogging and talking a lot with everybody.
- If you do it slowly, you get to have tons of fun while learning. Never lose sight of the fun in doing what you do. Once it becomes a serious thing, it can become dragging!
- Those skills can help you find a new job. You could be helping a friend creating a web page, or being hired by the newest company in town.
- You get to feel better about yourself. As soon as I finish a course, and I put in practice all I’ve learned, I feel like Wonder Woman. I’m unstoppable!
- You can help your friends as well. Now that you have a new set of skills, not only you can be faster on doing what you love the most, you can also give a helping hand to a friend.
Since I’m an eclectic student, I fish courses all around the web. Udemy is one of the platforms I fish my favorite courses. But I also use others, simply because I’m knowledge thirsty. Dare to improve by investing in yourself.
Are you learning something new? Is it related to blogging?
Note: This post contains affiliate links. I only share things that I love.
Copyright: Top image on this post (C) depepi.com / Memes & Gifs (C) by their owners.
You must log in to post a comment.