My comic book to-read list is quite long. I’ve been asked in comments on another post to list the comics that I want to read, so, instead of writing my list in comments, I decided to list them here. I usually re-read the comics that I like the most after a while. Why? I tend to forget details, so after a while, I re-read my comics again. Most of what I read comes from my Marvel Unlimited subscription. I end up buying on paper only those comics that I really enjoyed. I also tend to buy comics at the local comic book store after taking a look at them. You never know what you’ll find hidden in one of the shelves in the local shop, so I also highly recommend you to go and take a look at the weirdest places in your favorite comic book store. Seriously: there are jewels hidden all over. As for subscriptions, since I’m a Marvelite, it makes sense for me to have a Marvel Unlimited one. I tend to like most of what they do, so I do save money on this subscription. (Plus I get access to really old stuff, which is good!) Another advantage is that I have all the comics I want in my iPad mini, and I can go and read them all wherever I want. Okay, so here is my list!
- Angela, Asgard’s Assassin : Priceless. I started reading this volume already online. (Subscription perks) And I liked it. So, now I have it on paper and I will re-read it again, but carefully. As you know I love to read comics and find out patterns, metaphors, etc. This is a good volume: you get diversity in here! Yup! There’s a cool character going along with Angela. (Don’t worry, I won’t spoil this for you!)
- Batgirl: The Batgirl of Burnside (N52) Vol. 1. I already read this one, but I want to re-read it again. It’s good! I don’t tend to like DC titles, but this one was good for me. And since I bought the second volume, I want to find out what these two volumes have hiden inside! So, yeah, get volume 2 as well!
- Rat Queens: Sass & Sorcery Volume 1. Ladies, this is a great volume!!! I adored it! And I plan to re-read it again as soon as I get the second volume! So, I’m going to get Rat Queens: Volume 2 : The Far Reaching Tentacles of N’rygoth and read it as soon as I can!
- Silk Vol. 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon. Yet again, I started to read this one on Marvel Unlimited, and again I loved it. So, I got the paper issue to enjoy and re-read and marvel myself with it. There’s a lot going in this issue!
- Spider-Gwen Volume 0: Most Wanted? Lovely and powerful issue. I’m currently working on a reading guide for the group Reading Comics (GoodReads). Not only Spider-Gwen is super fashionable, she is also a great character to find out more about Geek Anthropology! [And yes, I got the jacket and the tank top from WeLoveFine. I needed those!]
- Captain Marvel & the Carol Corps. I love Kelly Sue DeConnick’s Captain Marvel. I highly recommend all the titles she’s written! This is still in my to-read list. Just read one issue, but I need to finish the whole volume! It’s rad so far!
- Watchmen. This is a masterpiece of literature. It’s in my to-read list again so that I can create a good reading guide for Reading Comics (GoodReads). This is a jewel and a great comic to analyze, not only from a geek anthropological point of view, but also from a literary point of view.
- Nimona. This is another masterpiece of modern comics. I’m currently reading it. I couldn’t finish when I started due to work, and now I need to start all over again. Just one thing: BUY THIS ONE! Like in: NOW!
- A-Force Volume 0: Warzones! I started reading this only because there’s a female Loki in it. But then it turned out to be really good. I got late in reading the issues, so now I need to read this volume. [I’m a sucker for everything Loki, so you already know what’s going to happen with me in the near future and that Loki running for President.]
- Thor: Goddess of Thunder Volume 1. I also started reading this one in Marvel Unlimited, and now I need the paper issue and read it with calm and ease. It’s an amazing take on Thor, so if you like the Asgardians, you might like this one as well.
- Sunstone: Ogn Volume 1. This is a sexy comic I tend to read at some point. I like the artwork, but I’m not sure I’ll end up liking it. However, this is sitting on my to-read list for a while now. [This means that I’ll end up reading it!]
- Saga: Volume 1. I’ve heard that this is a jewel! So, it’s in my wishlist. I intend to read it, but as you can see my list is starting to look like a never-ending list. But, I will read this one. Promise!
- Wonder Woman: Blood Volume 1. I’ve been trying to read this one for ages. They’ve told me it is good, but I’ve been procrastinating a lot with this one. There’s no reason for me having this looming in my to-read list for ages. I need to read it, I know.
- Ghost: In the Smoke and Din Volume 1. This is another Kelly Sue DeConnick marvel. Friends who have read it already liked it, so I will give this a go. [In fact, I kind of want to read all the comics this woman has written so far. She’s good!]
And I’m going to stop here the list of comics that are in my to-read list. There are ongoing series, so any volume 1 that you see up there just means that will be accompanied by a volume 2 and etc. Some are long, like Saga, that’s maybe why I’m procastinating a bit in getting myself into reading them. I will read those, don’t worry. Just give me some more time.
Note: this post contains affiliated links. I only share things that I love.